As a multi-disciplinary group of dental professionals, we provide specialist dental treatments covering a wide range of practice areas.
What are Dental Specialties?
Dental specialities are those areas of dentistry that are formally recognized by certifying boards and/or by the National Certifying Boards for Dental Specialties.
What Specialist Treatments and Dentists are There?
The field of dentistry officially has nine fields of “specialization”, with each generally requiring additional schooling and/or training beyond obtaining a dental degree.
- Public Health: deals with the causes, patterns and control of oral diseases.
- Endodontics: this specialist treatment deals with the treatment, diagnosis and prevention of those dental diseases that affect the pulp and periradicular tissues. An endodontist is who often performs root canal therapy.
- Maxillofacial and Oral Pathology: deals with the diagnosis and treatment of those disease related to the face, jaw and mouth.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology: deals with the radiologic and diagnostic interpretation of disease related to the face, jaw and mouth.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: deals with surgeries of the jaw, mouth and face, such as implants, palate procedures, and reconstructive surgery.
- Orthodontics: deals with the practice of aligning and straightening the teeth, often with the use of retainers, braces or aligners.
- Pedodontics / Pediatric Dentistry: focuses on the dental treatment of children
- Periodontics: deals with the treatment of supporting structures within the oral cavity, including the treatment of infections and diseases of the gums.
- Prosthodontics: deals with the creation and fitting of custom made prostheses and restorations such as implants, bridges, crowns and dentures.
At Pasadena Dental, our staff and dentists are trained and fully qualified to give you the best possible outcomes for your specialist dentist needs. Our team of expertly trained dental professionals are caring, compassionate and ready to help you live your best life and get the smile you deserve today.
Contact us today!